Sunflower Seed Dressing
Myall time favorite salad dressing. It's always a hit! Please note that the lime juice acts as an emulsifier. Add more water if you want a smooth, pourable dressing.
Author: Karuna Diedericks
Recipe type: Salad Dressing
Cuisine: Western Ayurvedic
Serves: 3 cups
- ½ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- ½ cup raisins (soaked in hot water, enough to just cover the
- raisins, for 5-10 minutes)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Blend all the above ingredients together (including the water that
- the raisins were soaked in) until smooth*.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve over salad or as a dip for vegetable crudites.