Chickpea Fudge (Chana Burfi)
Author: Karuna Diedericks
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan Indian Ayurvedic
Serves: 2 dozen sweets
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups chickpea flour (sifted)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (fresh or dried)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- Melt the coconut oil in a heavy wide-based saucepan.
- Add the chickpea flour. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 15-20 minutes. The mixture will become golden brown and loose in consistency.
- Add the coconut and toast for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the powdered sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased, rectangular baking dish and spread it out. Allow to cool until firm. Cut into squares. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate in an air-tight container to store.